LEWIS is the global agency for integrated campaigns with expertise in PR, video, marketing, digital, social media and content. LEWIS Global Communications uses Netvibes Dashboards to monitor news cycles, collect and report client results, and discover new media opportunities. With Netvibes, LEWIS can easily set up new Dashboards in minutes, without IT intervention, for new clients or to research any topic on the fly. As a result of using the Dashboards, LEWIS has improved agency expertise and knowledge sharing, automated client reporting processes and now saves an hour each day on digital monitoring
“The challenge we have, especially as a global agency, is to get news as quickly as possible without having to hunt it down. Being on top of the news agenda is key” said Dean Russell, Digital Marketing Director at LEWIS Global Communications.
With clients spanning the globe, LEWIS is tasked with staying on top of the news, 24/7, across many different geographies. Rather than waste time scouring different news sites to hunt down key information, the agency needed a Dashboard capable of:
· Aggregation and analysis of disparate data sources and multiple types of online content, from social media channels to news feeds to images and videos
· Early detection and automatic alerts for emerging trends that could lead to breakthrough media opportunities or a potentially brand-damaging PR crisis
· Auto-categorization of articles related to clients or specific topics, as well as a tagging tool to share notes and insights with colleagues and clients
· Automated email reporting to keep clients informed about campaign results and important industry trends, while saving the agency time
After evaluating multiple Dashboard solutions, LEWIS selected Netvibes due to its ease of use and the unique features of the Dashboard, including automatic analysis of sentiment and tone, instant comparison charts, and the ability to automatically create customized reports and email them to any users, on any schedule, or in response to custom alerts.
“Netvibes is really powerful in helping us with everything from identifying news jacking opportunities to crisis alerts to the latest news around a brand or theme. Then we can effectively be on top of news for our clients. The immediacy of it really serves the agency and our clients” said Dean Russell, Digital Marketing Director at LEWIS. “We can set up alerts for topics we need to track daily or for opportunities, such as individual journalists or influencers asking for quotes or customer testimonials via Twitter. Netvibes also gives us a sense of big trends. It’s brilliant at leading us to opportunities and to potential crises.”
With Netvibes’ four unique wizards for Brands, Topics, Markets and Events, LEWIS can set up new Dashboards in minutes to track any client or topic. Because Netvibes uniquely allows LEWIS to select the exact sources they care about and trust (the “Personal Corpus”), the Dashboard shows only relevant information, free from “noise” and false hits, thereby saving the agency time. As a result of using the Dashboard, LEWIS saves at least one hour daily on digital monitoring, freeing up valuable time for other client work.
LEWIS has identified 4,000 to 5,000 key influencers globally within the primary industries and sectors they work in regularly for clients. As a result, the Dashboard analytics are based on influencers personally rated by LEWIS. For example, all of the BBC journalists who are on Twitter are tracked as a feed within the LEWIS master Dashboard. The agency also has feeds for all CNN news journalists and production staff, as well as for specialist bloggers and other key influencers. Whenever LEWIS creates a new Dashboard with Netvibes, the newly generated Dashboard uses LEWIS’s curated library of key influencers. When agency team members want to search on a specific brand or account, they can easily set up new search terms and add more specific influencers as needed.
LEWIS team members log into the Dashboard to analyze what’s happening online in relation to clients, monitor news cycles and identify breaking media opportunities. Users can find articles on any topic in seconds by typing a keyword into the Universal Search bar or by using Boolean operators to precisely drill down. Results appear immediately on the Dashboard as users search.
LEWIS uses the SmartTagging tool in Netvibes to share notes and insights between team members. For example, for one tech client, LEWIS tags all of the articles that the agency has placed (“Earned Media”). As a result, they can easily demonstrate results and ROI and compare the media coverage they have earned versus competitors. LEWIS also uses SmartTagging to classify articles according to topic, theme, sentiment, which team member earned that coverage, and other variables. This data then appears in the results section of the LEWIS Dashboard so the agency can track not only critical metrics such as share of voice, but also whether they are leading the news agenda, following it, or even in it. The Dashboard also shows LEWIS which of the topics they’ve pitched are the most successful and who is writing about particular topics. The resulting wealth of knowledge has enabled LEWIS to secure major media wins and overall increased news coverage for clients.
LEWIS can also pull all of this data out as different types of charts that they use to compare with other types of content. This analysis provides the agency with a real sense of where they are focusing their time and energies, which in turn helps to guide account management decisions. Dean Russell at LEWIS says, “Netvibes is a quite powerful tool to have for clients and account teams, especially in reporting.”
LEWIS uses the Netvibes PushMail system to keep team members and clients informed automatically. Each morning, everyone in the agency receives an email, sent automatically by the Dashboard, that shows the breaking news, latest trends and hot industry topics impacting the news agenda. Globally, LEWIS offices can subscribe to PushMails focused on news for their particular geography or industry in order to stay ahead of the latest trends that may impact clients.
LEWIS also uses PushMail to keep clients informed about campaign results and important industry news. By using PushMail, LEWIS believes the agency will become smarter and more aware of wider trends around key news. Clients around the world depend on LEWIS for its expert analysis of the 24/7 news cycle. For example, if a client wants to know who is talking about a particular topic or trend or how people feel about a given topic, the LEWIS team already knows the answer because they have seen the PushMail in their inbox or received an automated alert.
- Actionable Intelligence: The depth of understanding and immediacy of the Dashboard provides LEWIS with the real-time intelligence the agency needs to achieve outsized results for clients in an increasingly competitive media landscape.
- Powerful analytics: There are no real limits to what you can track and analyze in terms of scope.
- Time-saving automation: LEWIS keeps teams and clients informed automatically with PushMail email reports. The Dashboard also generates real-time alerts for LEWIS in response to news trends and crises. As a result of using the Dashboard, LEWIS saves one hour each day on digital monitoring.
- Complete customization: LEWIS enjoys the ability to tailor the Netvibes Dashboard to the agency’s specific needs, to create new Dashboards instantly, as well as the ability to immediately scale based on client needs or agency growth.
- 24-hour support: “Netvibes has a level of customer support that I’ve not seen in many other vendors. They’ve worked late in the evening to solve problems for me. I had an issue recently on a national holiday and they emailed me that day to find a solution” said Dean Russell, LEWIS.