|Q:||Why do job applicants to Tech Company A consist of 90% men? How can we encourage more women to apply?|
|I:||Social media analysis revealed that while Company A was perceived quite positively overall by the public, the sentiment among women was surprisingly negative. Keywords like “tech bros” and “misogynistic” appeared frequently, reflecting an unflattering public image the company needed to address.|
|O:||Live dashboards aggregate and analyze a wide variety of information to provide critical insights to business questions, delivering the real-time intelligence companies need to succeed.|
An independent consulting firm specializing in risk management and governance [real company name changed] needed a way to supplement traditional methods by analyzing new types of online data, including news, social data, and trends related to risk and governance in order to deliver the best, real-time insights to their clients. Since 2010, Risk Management Company has used Netvibes Dashboards to aggregate, analyze and act on a wide variety of data sources related to risk and governance, informing their clients as effectively as possible.
Because clients depend on Risk Management Co. to deliver timely insights into important issues around risk and governance, the company’s biggest business challenge is to continually monitor diverse sources of information from around the world, quickly identify relevant insights, and deliver those insights efficiently. The company wanted to streamline the research process for its small team of expert consultants, maximizing efficiency while also ensuring that Risk Management never misses a single risk or opportunity for its clients.
When the company asked its professional network for recommendations, several experts in the community praised Netvibes.
“Netvibes allows us to ‘kill two birds with one stone’ — that is, to build and organize our own analytics screen, but also to share the Dashboard with our teams and visitors to our website. The Netvibes Dashboard delivers the real-time information we need to run our business and has significantly strengthened our brand image and reputation.”
Continually monitoring risk management and governance topics, a Netvibes Dashboard is available to Risk Management’s website visitors, instantly informing them of the latest industry news and key events. The Dashboard brings together a wide variety of global information sources, including traditional sources for risk management, as well as newer sources online including social media. The ability to track and analyze social conversations helps Risk Management to identify emerging issues early. Risk Management consultants use social data, alongside other metrics, as an integrated component of its overall risk management process.
Using Netvibes MisoData, Risk Management imports its own data to the dashboard, enabling consultants to analyze everything in one place. Analysts can easily compare internal risk analyses with larger trends in the news and social media to gain a full-dimensional view into the issues facing clients. Here are two examples of risk analysis from the dashboard:
- Reputational risk: To analyze overall risk to brand reputation, a brand can compare the number of complaints received daily by the organization (internal data) to the number of negative social media mentions (external data).
- Attraction risk: To understand how attractive the company is to potential job candidates, the brand can analyze the correlation between the number of job applications received (internal data) versus social media sentiment about the brand as an employer (external data). For example, job applicants to Company A were 90% male / 10% female, and the company wanted to encourage more women to apply for its technology positions. An analysis of social media revealed that while the company was perceived quite positively overall by the public, the sentiment among women was surprisingly negative. Keywords like “tech bros” and “misogynistic” were frequently used by female social commenters. Using this key insight, the company launched a new marketing campaign aimed at reversing this opinion in order to improve audience sentiment and attract more female job candidates.
The Netvibes Dashboard automatically categorizes content to ensure it shows only the most essential information for clients. Risk Management Company further customizes the Dashboard daily by manually SmartTagging articles of specific importance. These tagged articles are collected in an automated client newsletter that shares the top news of the month in risk and governance.
The Dashboard enables analysts to instantly see at a glance all the latest information relevant to a specific area of expertise, to easily share that information with colleagues, and to flag items that warrant special attention.
Risk Management Company uses Netvibes Dashboards to stay on top of evolving trends and maintain its expertise in the industry. The Dashboard automatically centralizes and analyzes a wide variety of information to deliver the key insights that companies need to manage risk and achieve governance compliance.
- Efficiently monitor a wide variety of information, including both internal data and sources online
- Track trends and understand the impact of market forces on business
- Deliver actionable insights to drive better decision-making in risk and governance